Readings for Sunday, June 10 — 10th Sunday in Ordinary Time:
Suggested Reflection Questions:
- In the first reading, we hear about Adam and Eve hiding after eating the fruit from the forbidden tree. What is a time when you felt like you had to hide yourself from God? How did you come to ask God for forgiveness?
- Why do you think, in the first reading, God not only punishes Adam and Eve for disobeying his command, but also punishes the serpent?
- The psalm today says, “I trust in the Lord; my souls trust in his word.” How do you trust God in your life? In what ways can you grow in trust with God?
- How do you share a “spirit of faith” with the people in your life? How do you feel yourself renewed in this spirit by the grace of God?
- In the Gospel, we hear about how people doubted Jesus. When was a time you felt like people doubted you? How did you respond to that doubt?
- We also hear about how we are all called to be brothers and sisters. What do you think Jesus means when he says all Christians are brothers and sisters? How can you be brother or sister to all in your daily life?