Readings for Sunday, October 14 — 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Wisdom 7:7-11; Psalm 90:12-17; Hebrews 4:12-13; Mark 10:17-30
Suggested Reflection Questions:
- What do you find it hardest to give up for God? What in your life might God be calling you to let go of ?
- The psalm today asks God to fill us with his love. In what ways can you invite more of God’s love into your life? How can you spread God’s love?
- Do your material possessions or the desire for them inhibit your faith? How might you be called to serve the poor? How might you live more simply so that others might simply live?
- Both the first reading and the Gospel reading today tell us that when we put God first, blessings follow and all things become possible. Where is God in your list of priorities?
- What does it mean to you when Jesus says, “All things are possible for God”? Have there been times in your life when you thought something was impossible? How did you lean on God during this time?